Saturday, October 12, 2013

Breatharianism


This term is new to me, although I know very well what it is.
Breatharianism is the idea that one can live without food and drink, and subsist only off of pranic light. That is, live off prana, which is a Sanskrit word that translates to “life air” or “life force”. The concept of prana appears in many other traditions. China, Japan and Polynesia all have their own words for this sustaining life force.
Breatharians believe that a person can give up food and water altogether and live purely off prana, which they also call “living on light” or “living on air”.
Humans can be sustained solely by prana or, according to some, by the energy of sunlight (according to Ayurveda, sunlight is the main sources of prana), which is probably why breatharianism frequently involves sungazing.

Breatharian, Jasmuheen, formerly Ellen Greve, is credited with starting today’s Breatharian movement. Her Prana Program advises followers to convert to Breatharianism gradually: Become a vegetarian; become a vegan; move to raw food, then fruits, then liquids and finally prana. You replace physical food with air and light as well as metaphysical nourishment.
(http://science.howstuffworks.com/innovation/edible-innovations/breatharian.htm)
Personally, I have experienced this, and I believe that in the future we won’t need food or drink to sustain our physical bodies. However, I think it will take some time before humanity is evolved enough and ready to give up the habit (and addiction?) of eating and drinking. For me it happened naturally. I didn’t think that much about it. But it was during a time when I did a lot of energy work and I was very connected to Source and all that is absolutely all the time (we are always connected, but this period I felt so connected and so “high” that it felt natural to just sustain myself from it). It was an incredible experience, and incredible freedom as well. To me, the idea of not having to eat or drink is very natural and something that I was born with, perhaps that is why I didn’t think that much about it. Except that when I was aware of it, I enjoyed it immensely.
Love and blessings of peace and joy ♥♥

2 comments:

  1. Hello Meline! Two thoughts--one, St. Therese Neumann did not eat or drink anything but communion for forty years. She lived in the town of the mother of a cardiac surgeon I know. She is the real deal. Here is a link on here I wrote: http://reikidoc.blogspot.com/2012/03/remarkable-saint-therese-neumann.html
    Two, if someone is 'selling' breatharianism, be cautious. The main person on Big Island who was teaching at a breatharian school (yes, they have them there) was discovered eating a candy bar. So make sure the 'vibrations' match Meline's or Therese Neumann's before you 'give it a go'. I know for myself, I have gone RAW vegan, and am eating less and less, very gradually, and probably quite a few steps behind you on the same path. Aloha and mahalos! Namaste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi sweet friend, this is not mine.. re-blogged it from another site :) thank you fir sharing your insights and feelings about this! love you xx

      Delete