Friday, November 13, 2015

Bob Fickes ~ Returning to Where It All Began

Source

When I was nineteen I started on my journey to find God and Enlightenment. I had many roads to choose from and not all of them would lead me where I wanted to go. I had no knowledge then and only my heart to guide me, but I surrendered to the universe everything that I owned and simply said, “I am Yours!”
After a few days a friend of mine gave me a copy of “Autobiography of a Yogi” and told me I had to read it. It changed my life. Something woke up inside of me and I knew why I was here and what I had to do. That book was the real beginning of my spiritual quest and Yogananda and Babaji have been with me ever since. It’s funny because I always felt I would come back to them even though I never left them.

Now I have a copy of a DVD movie called “Awake: The Life of Yogananda”. I just watched it and felt the same movement inside of me that I felt when I was nineteen. Where I began is where I begin again. This time I have a new perspective of why I am here and a new way to do what I have to do.
When the Sun first rises in the morning, we know the Light is good. It is warm and friendly after a long night. We don’t know where the Sun is taking us exactly but our heart will follow it because the Path is Sweet. I, too, am curious where the Light will take me. It is not important. Each step I take is brighter than the one before and my heart is feeling warm. So Be It! I Am on another journey. I just realized that my first journey began when I was 19 and now exactly fifty years later I am beginning the journey again.

2 comments:

  1. When I was 19 I on my journey to God. I moved to San Francisco and there I found the book that began the journey Autobiography of a Yogi. Radiance

    ReplyDelete