Thursday, July 31, 2014

Bob Fickes ~ Soul Mates

What is a Soul Mate?
Do I have just one?
When your soul was first created, it was born in a litter! Yes, that’s right! Maybe several hundred souls were part of that litter!
Let’s think of it this way: The Universe had a thought and many souls were born to carry it out.
Soul Mates are like facets on a diamond. Each face has a different perspective and I different role! Facets that are close to each other are similar and facets that are on the opposite side of the diamond are quite different.
Soul Mates usually come together to do something together or learn something together. It is also true that Soul Mates tend to travel in teams together into every life.

These are souls who know each other and appreciate each other. They make excellent partners and good relationships.
There is one problem though…
If someone is too familiar, we tend to take them for granted and never notice how special they are.
It is far too common to find out that the person we have been looking for over the years has always been right beside us!
I had a friend many years ago that demonstrated this principle to me so clearly that I never forgot it. Rob was a ladies man. Every day he would come back to the apartment having met a new lady! Every lady was sexy and beautiful. I was a monk at the time, but I was very impressed that he could be so outgoing and friendly.
A year later I saw him and he told me that he was getting married! I really wanted to see whom he had chosen! There were so many choices!
When I finally met her, she was not what I expected. She was not a super-star like the other ladies. She wore no make-up and dressed very plain and simple. She was very sweet and clever but not beautiful. So I asked Rob why he had chosen her?
He said to me, “Bob, I have known her for many years. Every time I need something she is always there! That’s how I knew that she was the one! She was always naturally there when I needed her!”
I never forgot what he said! It is so true! The person we need is most likely right in front of us. We see them every day but we don’t notice them as important. They are too familiar!
We are so preoccupied looking for our “special someone” that we don’t see Natures gift right in front of us!
Soul Mates are close. They understand each other and work well together. But perhaps, once again, there is no romance! But life is not just about romance!
Romance is the dream. Every day is about reality and having what we need to enjoy our life and be successful and happy.
Don’t let your dream take you away from reality!
There is a rule in this Universe: What you need is right here right now!
How do I find that special person more quickly?
I have three suggestions: First don’t look for someone so special! Look for someone who connects with your heart and feels good.
Second take off your mask and be your self! If you wear a mask no one can see you!
Third, do good deeds and be loving to everyone!
First deserve and then desire!!

No comments:

Post a Comment